Exam week = death.
But I’m doing my best to not let it get to me. I’m taking time for sleep, exercise, church and fun stuff. Like playlists! I got to make a playlist for H earlier today [I only make playlists for people that ask for them] filled with wonderful bluegrass and old country Cash and little music like that.
Lately, I’ve been really interested in branching out my music tastes. Nothing crazy, I still haven’t found much straight rap or screamo that I can stand, but I’ve been feeling a lot of jazz/bluegrass/country/punk. All of which I’m mostly a stranger too, so recommendations are always welcome!
And out of those new listens, I’ve gotten into the whole Celtic-punk feel particularly of bands like Flogging Molly and The Dropkick Murphys. So if you’re new to them, be sure to give them a solid listen.
To get you through whatever you’re going through. It grows on you, just trust me on this one.
- The Likes of You Again//Flogging Molly
- Siobhan//The Tossers
- Heroes From Our Past//The Dropkick Murphys
- Follow Me Up To Carlow (2007 Version)//The Young Dubliners
- If I Ever Leave This World Alive (Live)//Flogging Molly
- The Drunken Sailor//Schooner Fare
- Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced//The Dropkick Murphys
- The Paddy Set//Seven Nations
- Old Black Rum//Great Big Sea
- Laura//Flogging Molly
- I’m A Rover//Great Big Sea
- The Times, They Are A-Changin’//Flogging Molly
- Float (live)//Flogging Molly
- Go Home Girl//Gaelic Storm
- Loaded Gun//Flatfoot 56
- The Lightning Storm//Flogging Molly
- The Schooner Lake Set//Gaelic Storm
- The Mermaid//Great Big Sea
I have a similar mix for listening on 8tracks here.
For download here.